Handary is a specialist in natural shelf life solutions. We are looking for 1 food shelf-life diagnostician who will join in our Laboratory of Shelf-life Diagnostic & Evaluation, where you will receive comprehensive and effective training of shelf life case studies. The position could be in the location of Fleurus, Belgium
* Manage shelf life testing as defined by shelf life protocol, ensuring that the correct analytical tests are conducted in a timely manner.
* Coordinate chemical, physical, sensory, and microbiological testing of raw materials, semi-finished goods/intermediates and finished goods using LIMS and or external laboratories (including raising of purchase orders).
* Conduct physical tests within the Shelf-life Diagnostic & Evaluation LAB and maintain databases.
* Coordinate calibration/maintenance of equipment used in the Shelf-life Diagnostic & Evaluation lab.
* Maintain Shelf-life Diagnostic & Evaluation lab facilities to the highest possible standard of cleanliness and hygiene at all times.
* Writing of SOPs, policies, and procedures for areas which the Technicians are responsible for.
* Support and/or lead investigations/queries/actions arising from customer complaints, corrective actions, or internal/external product queries
* PhD or Msc with min. 3 year experiences.
* Ability to identify gaps and solutions to improve ways of working within Shelf-life Diagnostic & Evaluation and across the wider R&D organisation.
* Ability to prioritise own workload in a changing environment ensuring all requests get dealt with in a timely manner.
* Ability to effectively carry out trouble shooting of analytical equipment.
* Work as part of a team to support the cross functional business and wider R&D organisation.
* Ensure all work conducted complies with the relevant policies, rules, methods, procedures and instructions and/or is conduct in accordance with specific and agreed project timelines.
* A limited amount of travel is expected as part of this role.
* Educated in a scientific discipline or with equivalent experience relevant to food industry.
* Experience of working within an analytical/test environment within food industry.
* Experience of using LIMS, Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
* Experience of using SAP is desirable but not essential
Annual Gross salary: basic salary €50,000
Holidays: 20 days / year
Qualified candidates must submit a resume, in Word or PDF format, along with a compelling cover letter that describes your interest in the position and why you think you would be a good fit for the job. Applications should be sent to: email@example.com
EOE STATEMENT We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or other applicable protected classes.
Reference no: EU302