As a Food Shelf-Life Specialist at Handary, you will be responsible for the following :
• Conducting shelf-life testing (chemical, physical, sensory, and microbiological) in our Food Shelf-Life Laboratory according to the shelf-life protocol, ensuring that tests are conducted in a timely and accurate manner.
• Coordinating the calibration and maintenance of equipment in the laboratory to ensure accuracy and reliability of test results.
• Maintaining laboratory facilities to the highest possible standard of cleanliness and hygiene to ensure the safety and quality of test samples.
• Preparing scientific-technical reports, protocols, PDSs, and other technical and regulatory documentation to communicate findings and recommendations effectively.
• Conducting case challenge studies effectively and efficiently to evaluate the effectiveness of our natural shelf-life solutions.
• Keeping up-to-date with the latest developments in your field of expertise through research and attending relevant conferences.
• Providing technical support to Sales & Marketing to assist with customer inquiries and develop effective solutions.
• Supporting and/or leading investigations/queries from our customers worldwide to identify and address any product quality issues.
• Interacting with our R&D team to identify innovations that are key to our company's success and contribute to the development of new natural shelf-life solutions.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with a team of experts in the food industry, contribute to reducing food waste, and improve the quality of food products.
To be considered for the position of Food Shelf-Life Specialist at Handary, the ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
• A PhD or Master's degree in Food Science/Food Technology/Food Business.
• 2 years of experience in R&D, preferably in Food Preservative Product Development.
• Good knowledge of working tools such as MS Office, Minitab, Combase, Sym’Previus.
• Strong biological science background, preferably in shelf-life tests, predictive microbiology, microbial analysis of food, development of in vitro modelling systems for bacteria, and anaerobic microbial cultivation.
• Interest in working with natural ingredients, clean label solutions, and innovation.
• Fluent in English.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Creative thinker and solutions provider.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-starter with good organizational and leadership skills.
Discover our latest insightsSubscribe
Get in touch with our expertsContact Us